Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Adjust how long to request clip uploads during an alarmVideo devices can be configured to upload back-to-back clips during an alarm for 1 to 15 minutes using the website.
- Adjust the ADC-CSVR126 local display settingsUsers can adjust how the Commercial Stream Video Recorder displays video using the website.
- Adjust the camera triggered clip length settingThe length of video clips can be changed remotely at any time.
- Adjust the field of view and focus of a varifocal video deviceA video device with a varifocal lens allows you to zoom in and out using the website. Zooming in focuses on the center of the video device's field of view.
- Adjust the motion detection mode of a Slim Line Doorbell Camera
- Calibrate a device for Video AnalyticsYou can calibrate certain video devices for Video Analytics using the app or website.
- Change a camera's brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, exposure, or night vision sensitivityCamera settings can be changed to alter or improve image quality.
- Change a camera's live video image qualityLive video image quality can be optimized for motion and clarity.
- Change a camera's Video Motion Detection settingsVideo Motion Detection (VMD) is the camera’s ability to trigger recordings based on any detected motion.
- Change a pan/tilt camera's position presetsPan/Tilt cameras have the ability to save a variety of position presets.
- Change a SkyBell Doorbell Camera's motion sensitivityThe motion sensitivity of the Alarm.com Doorbell Cameras can be adjusted to to be more or less sensitive to motion.
- Change a SkyBell Doorbell Camera's video resolution and qualityAdjusting the video resolution and image quality of Alarm.com Doorbell Cameras can optimize the quality for a variety of conditions.
- Change a video device nameVideo device names can be customized for easier system management.
- Change the audio level of a SkyBell Doorbell Camera's embedded chimeAlarm.com Doorbell Camera's chimes have a variable audio level which can be adjusted from the website or app.
- Change the brightness or color of a SkyBell Doorbell Camera's LEDAlarm.com Doorbell Cameras have an LED with variable color and brightness which can be adjusted from the website or app.
- Change the file format for downloaded video clipsThe downloaded clip format can be changed to ensure compatibility with other devices.
- Change the video alert formatThe file format of video alerts can be changed on the website.
- Change the Wi-Fi network settings of a video deviceVideo device network settings can be changed if changes are made to the wireless network.
- Configure a Video Analytics ruleVideo Analytics continuously scans your property and notifies you when a person, vehicle, or animal is detected. Advanced detection rules enhance perimeter security by alerting you when someone's coming or going, or even loitering on your property.
- Configure Privacy Zones for video devices
- Configure the local display password for the ADC-CSVR2000P/2008P/2016PSet the ADC-CSVR2000P/2008P/2016P's local display password using the website.
- Enable pre-trigger recordings for a video devicePre-trigger recordings can help provide context for saved video clips.
- Flip a camera's imageThe image of a video device can be flipped in order to be compatible with a variety of mounting positions.
- Keyboard shortcuts for the video playerThe Live Video, Onboard 24/7 Timeline, and SVR Timeline pages have keyboard shortcuts for quick navigation and adjustments to the video playback.
- Password protect the ADC-CSVR126 local interfaceThe user can set up a password that must be entered to interact with the Commercial Stream Video Recorder (CSVR) local user interface.
- Perform an Internet speed testAn Internet speed test can help determine if a network has the bandwidth required to support Alarm.com video devices.
- Perimeter Guard™ for video devicesStop intruders in their tracks with Perimeter Guard™ proactive defense. Perimeter Guard™ uses Alarm.com's advanced Video Analytics to sound an alert and flash the camera's status LED when unwanted visitors are detected.
- Reconnect a SkyBell Doorbell Camera if the wireless network or router changesYou can only configure the SkyBell Doorbell Camera's Wi-Fi network setting during device enrollment. Whenever the router's wireless network information is changed, the Doorbell Camera needs to be re-enrolled.
- Remove a video deviceMost Alarm.com video devices (e.g., cameras, Video Servers, SVRs, etc.) can be removed from an account using the app or website.
- Request a video device's wireless signal strengthVideo device wireless signal strength can be checked remotely at any time.
- Toggle High Dynamic Range (HDR) for a video deviceCameras equipped with High Dynamic Range (HDR) can show more detail in the dark shadows and bright highlights of an image.
- Turn off a video device's IR LEDs (Night Vision)Video device infrared LEDs can be disabled remotely at any time.
- Turn off a video device's LEDThe LED on a video device can be turned on or off at any time.
- Update a video device's firmwareVideo device firmware can be updated remotely through the device's network connection.
- Use a fixed IP address for a video deviceVideo devices have the capability to have fixed IP addresses for advanced networking applications.
- Video Installation Wizard for the appUsers can add video devices to their own accounts using the app. The Video Installation Wizard gives the power to self-install video devices using an intuitive in-app wizard.
- Video Troubleshooting WizardThe Video Troubleshooting Wizard guides you through basic steps for bringing your video devices back online after they become disconnected.
- View the connected Wi-Fi frequency of a video deviceYou can view the frequency (i.e., whether the Wi-Fi band is 2.4GHz or 5GHz) of the network that some of your cameras are connected to using the website.
How-to troubleshooting guides
- Resolve a Camera or SVR - Firmware Out of Date trouble conditionIf you see a trouble condition on your account labeled Camera - Firmware Out of Date or SVR - Firmware Out of Date, your video device's firmware is out of date and an updated version is available for you to download.
- The ADC-VDB770 is warm to the touch and has a solid yellow LEDLike most powered consumer electronic devices, the ADC-VDB770 will warm when operated and normally have a higher temperature than the surrounding air (ambient) temperature.
Frequently asked questions
- Can Alarm.com video devices be configured with a static IP address?
- Can I restrict a secondary login to see only specific video devices
- How can a camera be reconnected to a Wi-Fi network if the router, network equipment, or wireless settings change?
- How do I connect a video camera to a hidden Wi-Fi network?
- How much network bandwidth do Alarm.com video devices use?
- How should I configure Video Motion Detection (VMD) settings for a video device?
- What are the differences between Camera triggered clips and Event triggered clips?
- What are the network requirements of the SkyBell Doorbell Cameras?
- What does my camera's LED light mean?
- What is Motion Detection 2.0 on the Alarm.com Slim Line Doorbell Camera?
- Where does the thumbnail for cameras come from in the app?
- Why can't I hear anything during a doorbell call?
- Adjust the field of view and focus of a varifocal video device - Video