Yes. Alarm.com video cameras and video servers can be configured to use static IP addresses, but the 2GIG HD100 video camera cannot be configured that way.
For more information about configuring Alarm.com video devices with a static IP address, see Configure Alarm.com video devices with a static IP address.
Note: DHCP (dynamic IP assignment) is needed initially to enroll the video devices.
For more information about setting fixed IP addresses, see Use a fixed IP address for a video device.
Run a connectivity test
After setting up port forwarding for a video device, we recommend running a connectivity test to update the public IP and IP works flag immediately.
To run a connectivity test using the Partner Portal:
- Log into the Partner Portal.
- Find the customer account.
- Click Equipment.
- Click Video Devices.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the desired camera.
- Click Test Device.
To run a connectivity test using the Partner MobileTech app:
- Log into the Partner MobileTech app.
- Find the customer account
- Tap Equipment.
- Tap Video Devices.
- Tap the desired video device.
- Tap Test Video Device.
To run a connectivity test using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the desired video device.
- Click Video Device Info.
- Click Advanced Network Setup and Testing.
- Click Test Remote Access.
For further assistance with configuring or troubleshooting a static IP address, contact an IT or networking professional.