You can change a video device's network information manually using the Alarm.com customer website while the device has power and is still connected to an active network with an Ethernet cable.
To change a video camera's wireless network settings:
Important: These settings can only be changed if the video device is connected to power and is currently connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable. For more information, see How can a camera be reconnected to a Wi-Fi network if the router, network equipment, or wireless settings change?.
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- On the Video banner, click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the video device to edit.
- Click Wireless Network.
- To enter the new settings:
- Click Access Point to connect the video device to an Alarm.com access point on your account if you have one.
- Click Copy to copy the network information from another connected camera.
- Click Scan to scan for, enter the Wi-Fi password, and connect the video device to a broadcasting Wi-Fi network.
- Click Manual to manually enter the network's SSID, Wi-Fi password, and encryption type.
- To apply the new wireless settings to all the cameras on the account:
- Click Advanced.
- Click to select Apply these settings to all wireless cameras on this account.
- Click Continue to apply the new wireless network settings.
To change a SkyBell Doorbell Camera's wireless network settings:
You can only configure the SkyBell Doorbell Camera's Wi-Fi network setting during device enrollment. For more information about this process, see Reconnect a SkyBell Doorbell Camera if the wireless network or router changes.
Need more help?
If your video camera's Wi-Fi settings are failing to update or the camera is unable to reconnect, contact your service provider for further assistance. For more information about contacting your service provider, see Contact your service provider.