Enable pre-trigger recordings for a video device
Pre-trigger recordings can help provide context for saved video clips by saving a few seconds of footage preceding the trigger event.
To enable pre-trigger recordings for a video device:
Note: Pre-trigger recording is enabled by default for video devices that support it. All alarm-triggered recordings include pre-trigger footage even when the setting is disabled.
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Use the Video Device dropdown menu to select the desired video device.
- Click Saved Video.
- Click to select Enable Pre-Trigger Recording.
- Click Save.
Situations that override the pre-trigger recording setting
- Video Analytics clips always contain pre-trigger footage even if Enable Pre-Trigger Recording is deselected. For more information about Video Analytics, see Change a camera's Video Analytics settings.
- All alarm-triggered recordings include pre-trigger footage even if Enable Pre-Trigger Recording is disabled.