A video device with a varifocal lens allows you to zoom in and out using the Alarm.com customer website. Zooming in focuses on the center of the video device's field of view.
Any adjustments to the angle should be done manually on the camera itself.
To adjust the field of view and focus:
Important: The device's Video Analytics rules and calibration need to be updated whenever you update the field of view/focus.
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the desired varifocal video device.
- Click Field of View.
- Use the Field of View slider to adjust the camera zoom. The focus automatically adjusts whenever the field of view is changed. To adjust the focus manually:
- Click to expand Advanced Options.
- Use the Focus slider to adjust the camera focus.
- Click Continue to calibrate the video device for Video Analytics. For more information about the calibration procedure, see Calibrate a device for Video Analytics.
- Adjust the enabled Video Analytics rules in a way that makes sense for the new view. For more information about Video Analytics, see Configure a Video Analytics rule.