Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Getting started with configuring Access Control User Access
- Access Control Enterprise - Video Tutorial
- Access Control Mobile Credentials
- Access Control System Overview
- Add Access Control users in bulk
- Add Access Control Users with access to multiple locations
- Add an Access Control locking or unlocking schedule
- Add an Enterprise Access PlanAn Enterprise Access Plan can be added through the User Access menu at the Enterprise group level using the website.
- Assign an Access Control card or PIN to a userA card or PIN code can be assigned to a user using the app or website.
- Buzz or unlock an Access Control doorA door can be buzzed or unlocked from the app and website.
- Contact tracing with Smarter Access Control
- Create a Double Swipe to Lock/Unlock rule
- Create a First Card Unlock rule
- Create a First Person In ruleThe First Person In rule allows authorized users to buzz in during the Business Arrival timeframe, triggering the door to unlock when the business opens and lock when the business closes.
- Create an Access Control holiday scheduleThe Holiday Schedules feature allows users to pause specific Access Plans to prevent specific users entry to specific doors on the selected dates.
- Create an Arm Panel to Lock or Disarm to Unlock Access Control Doors rule
- Create delayed or temporary Access Control credentialsAccess Control users have the ability to set Access Control credentials to apply between a specific date range, to end on a specific date for temporary users, or to create users with a set start date.
- Download Access Control users in bulkA list of Access Control users can be downloaded as a CSV file using the Customer Website.
- Enable Extended Door Unlock settings for an Access Control user
- Generate a User Summary Report for Access ControlThe User Summary Report for Access Control provides a list of all users alongside relevant information such as credentials, credential start date, credential end date (where applicable), Access Group, and Access Plans.
- Pause an Access Control user
How-to troubleshooting guides
- Access Control door status displays as "Unknown" on the website and app
Frequently asked questions
- Can Access Control automation rules be configured to only work with specific users?
- Can an Access Control user have a PIN code longer than four digits?
- Can I add Access Control doors to a scene?
- Can I create a login that only has permissions to specific Access Control doors?
- Can I create a login with only permissions to the Access Control door lock?
- Can I schedule panel or Z-Wave lock codes on an Access Control account?
- How can I have my panel arm when I scan my Access Control keycard?
- How can I have my panel disarm when I scan my Access Control keycard or enter my PIN?
- How do I configure a siren to buzz if a door was held or forced open?
- How do I configure an input to trigger one or multiple Access Control doors?
- How do I schedule an auxiliary REX device to only function at a scheduled time?
- How many users can be added to an Access Control system?
- What is a Personal Access Plan?
- What is an Enterprise Access Plan?
- What rules and automation does Alarm.com’s Smarter Access Control offer?
- Which Access Control card formats are supported?
- Which notifications are available for Access Control?
- Why does the Activity show "Failed Access" when scanning an Access Control card?
- Why does the Bulk User CSV file show a 3-digit PIN code?
- Why does the reader continuously beep when the door is buzzed open?