Important: As of 11/25/19, this rule has been updated to allow for a double swipe on a single reader that can lock or unlock multiple readers associated with the same controller. This update will only impact newly created rules. To update an existing rule, edit the rule and re-save.
Double Swipe to Lock/Unlock is a rule that arms the locks or unlocks Access Control doors when valid credentials are presented. This rule can be configured to work on specific days of the week and times or can be set to function at any time.
To create a Double Swipe to Lock/Unlock rule:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- Click Rules.
- Click Add New Rule, then click Event-triggered Rule.
- In the Name of rule field, enter the desired name for the rule.
- In Automate My, select Doors.
- In When this event occurs, select A badge is double-swiped by.
- Using the first dropdown menu, select either Employee or Manager.
- Using the second dropdown menu, select which door controller the rule should apply to.
- In Perform this action, select:
- Lock when unlocked; unlock when locked
- Always lock
- Always unlock
- In Select Devices, select which doors this rule should apply to.
- In During these time frames, select when this rule should apply.
- Click Save.