Access Control users have the ability to set Access Control credentials to apply between a specific date range, to end on a specific date for temporary users, or to create users with a set start date. These options provide customers with the flexibility to accommodate specific situations (e.g., summer staff or substitute teachers) and remove the need to remember to delete credentials at the end of a set period.
Note: By default, user access starts immediately and never expires unless otherwise specified. If an end date for user access is selected, credentials will expire at the beginning of the specified end date.
To create delayed or temporary Access Control credentials:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click User Access.
- Click Users.
- Click Add User or click followed by to edit an existing user.
- Enter the user's name and language preference (if required).
- Click Add Credential.
- Select Access Badge, PIN, or Mobile Credential.
Note: If Mobile Credential is not available, contact your service provider for additional assistance. For more information, see Access Control Mobile Credentials.
- Click Access Period to set if and when the credentials will start and expire.
- Click to deselect Credentials Never Expire.
- Using the adjacent dropdown menu, select Select start and end date, Select start date only, or Select end date only.
- Use the date pickers to select the desired dates.
- Click Save.
- Click Access Group to select whether the user is in the Manager or Employee group.
- Click Language Preference to adjust the user's notification language preference (default language is English).
- Toggle the Extended Door Unlock feature on if the user requires a longer unlock time when they badge in.
Note: To modify the Extended Door Unlock timing, contact your service provider.
- Click Add Contact to add the user's email or mobile contact information.
- In Access Plans, click to select which Access Plan the user should be associated with.
Once the delayed or temporary credentials have been created, it is recommended to create a User Access Start/Expire notification. For more information, see Create User Access Start/Expire notifications.