An input can be configured to trigger one or multiple Access Control doors with an Event-Triggered Rule using the Alarm.com customer website.
To configure an Event-Triggered Rule for the siren when an Access Control door is held or forced open:
Important: The Access Control door for the siren rule must have a door sensor programmed. Without a door sensor configured, the held open and forced open trigger actions will not be available.
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- Click Rules.
- Click Add New Rule and select Event-Triggered Rule (if applicable).
- Enter the desired name for the rule.
- In Automate My, select Switches.
- In When this event occurs, select Door Activity.
- Select the door that will trigger the siren and select is held open or is forced open.
Note: The held open event trigger time is set in the Add Door installation wizard or the Edit Door Sensor settings page for a door on the Partner Portal or Partner MobileTech app.
- In Perform this action, select Turn ON when [door name] is held (or forced) open; Turn OFF when [door name] is closed.
- In Select Devices, select which siren(s) the rule should apply to.
- In During these time frames, select the desired time frames for the rule to operate.
- Click Save.