Important: As of September 23, 2019, this rule has been updated to accommodate situations where the first employee arrives after the set arrival period and during the open business hours. Now if the employee badges during open business hours, the locking schedule will immediately activate for the day, unlocking the door and re-locking the door at closing time. This update will only impact newly created rules. To update an existing rule, edit the rule and re-save.
The First Person In rule allows authorized users to buzz in during the Business Arrival timeframe, triggering the door to unlock when the business opens and lock when the business closes. If the first authorized user accesses the door during the Business Open timeframe, the door will immediately unlock and will lock when the business closes.
Note: Timeframes are determined by the account's Business Hours, and the First Person In rule is not visible if Business Hours are not enabled. For more information about configuring and enabling Business Hours, see Enable/configure business hours.
To create a First Person In rule using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- Click Rules.
- Click Add New Rule.
- In the Name of rule field, enter the desired name for the rule.
- In Automate My, select Doors.
- In When this event occurs, select First person enters a door.
- Using the dropdown menu, select whether the first person in is an Employee or Manager.
- In Select Devices, select which doors this rule should apply to.
- Click Save.