An Enterprise Access Plan can be added through the User Access menu at the Enterprise group level using the Alarm.com customer website. An Enterprise Access Plan can include any access point and any user across all locations in the system.
Within an Enterprise Access Plan, Enterprise users will have access to all access points specified in the plan, while single system users will only have access to the access points in the plan from their location.
Example: If a user is created under the Grove St account and is added to an Enterprise Access Plan with 3 doors from Park Ave and 1 door from Grove St, they will only have access to the 1 door at Grove St. Meanwhile an Enterprise-level user in this same plan would have access to all 4 doors, and a Park Ave user would have access to their 3 doors.
For security reasons, user information can only be added and configured using the Alarm.com customer website. The Alarm.com customer website can be accessed from a computer or the web browser of a mobile device.
Important: To use Enterprise Locations, you must have the Enterprise Security Console add-on selected in your service package. For more information about Enterprise security, see Access Control Enterprise - Video Tutorial and/or contact your service provider.
To add an Enterprise Access Plan:
- Log into the website.
- Verify the Enterprise name is selected, not a location name. When the Enterprise group is selected, a Locations option shows in the menu instead of Home.
- If a location is selected, use the dropdown menu to select the Enterprise group. Enterprise groups have next to the Enterprise name, whereas locations will have for commercial accounts or for residential accounts next to the location name.
- If the option to select an Enterprise group is not showing, verify the login has access to the Enterprise group.
- Click Users Access.
- Click Access Plans.
- Click Add New Plan.
- Select an icon and enter a name for the Access Plan, then click Next.
- Click Add Users.
- Select which users to add to the plan, then click Save.
Note: Single system and Enterprise users will show up under the add users section. Only Enterprise users will be able to access doors on systems other than their own. Single system users will only have access to doors associated with their system, even if they are added to a plan that includes doors on other locations. It is advised to only add Enterprise Users to Enterprise access plans.
- Click Add Access Points.
- Select which Access Points (e.g., doors, partitions, Z-Wave locks, etc.) to include in the plan, then click Save.
Note: Enterprise access plans have the option to include access points for any location in the group.
- Click Add Schedule.
- Select a schedule to apply to the plan, then click Save.
Note: Timetables can contain a maximum of 12 time blocks.
- Review the finalized Access Plan, then click Save.