Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Account setup - Initial login
- Add the Alarm.com complication to the Apple WatchThe Alarm.com app's complication can be added to the Apple Watch for increased access to your system.
- Arm the system remotelyArming the system sets the security sensors to an alarm state. The Armed Away status sets both contact sensors and motion sensor into an alarm state, while Armed Stay status only sets contact sensors to an alarm state.
- Cancel or Verify Alarms using the appCancel/Verify Alarms gives the opportunity for you to respond to alarm events directly and to communicate to a monitoring station when the cause might be accidental or a real emergency.
- Central station monitoring settingsA Monitoring Station, also known as an Alarm Monitoring Center, Central Station, or Central Monitoring Station, takes the signals forwarded from Alarm.com and dispatches to the proper authorities.
- Change a partition nameSystems with multiple partitions can be more easily managed with customized partition names.
- Change a sensor name remotelySystems with multiple sensors can be more easily managed with customized sensor names.
- Change the monitoring station emergency contact informationWhen a monitoring station contact list is outdated or incorrect, the monitoring station may call the wrong numbers to address an alarm event. The Emergency Contact Management integration puts this capability in your hands.
- Change the monitoring station location phone numberIn the case of an emergency where you are unable to disarm the system, the monitoring station may call to verify the alarm. This typically involves contacting you at the location where the system is located.
- Change the monitoring station verbal passcodeWhen the monitoring station calls, you will be asked to provide their verbal passcode to verify their identity, confirm if the alarm is valid, and cancel it if it is a false alarm.
- Clear a duress, panic, or smoke alarmA duress or smoke alarm message can only be cleared using the website. It cannot be cleared using the mobile app.
- Configure Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Camera image uploads for alarms or local disarmsQolsys IQ Panel 2 camera images uploads for local disarms and alarms can be configured using the Alarm.com website and app.
- Disarm the system remotelyThe system can be disarmed or put into a non-alarm state for when the system is occupied.
- Export panel slot number for a systemThe panel slot numbers report is a downloadable .csv file that shows all users associated with the system. This is useful for keeping personal records of users in a system.
- Put a system in test mode with the monitoring stationWhen a system is in test mode with the monitoring station, the monitoring station is not going to respond to alarms (i.e., dispatch police) from the system during that time.
- Remotely arm and disarm multiple partitions at onceUsers can remotely arm and disarm separate partitions individually using the website or app.
- Remotely change 2GIG GC3 panel settingsChange some of your panel settings using the app including beeps, and temperature display units.
- Remotely change 2GIG GoControl panel settingsChange some of your panel settings using the app including beeps, chimes, and temperature display format.
- Remotely change DSC iotega panel settingsChange some of your panel settings using the app including beeps, and chimes.
- Remotely change Interlogix Simon XT panel settingsChange some of your panel settings using the app including beeps, chimes, and speaker volume.
- Remotely change Interlogix Simon XTi panel settingsChange some of your panel settings using the app including beeps, chimes, and speaker volume.
- Remotely change Qolsys IQ Panel 2 settingsChange some of your panel settings using the app including beeps, chimes, and speaker volume.
- Set up a new account using the Welcome Letter and setup wizardA new user account can be created once a Welcome Letter is provided. The Welcome Letter is first used to create the login for the new user account, followed by an account setup wizard when logging in for the first time.
- Set up the app using setup wizardsThere are two setup wizards that can appear upon first logging into the Alarm.com app to assist you with getting the most out of your Alarm.com system right from the start.
- Take a Peek-in from the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 cameraPeek-Ins allow users to take on demand snapshots from the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 panel camera using the Alarm.com website or app.
- Trigger a panel panic using the appThe In-App Panel Panic monitoring station supported feature can expedite the dispatch of emergency personnel when help is needed at home. When the panel is not in arm’s reach, and the keyfob is out of range, you can open up the app and have all the panel’s panic buttons available.
- Turn off system trouble beeps using the appSystem trouble beeps coming from the security panel can be turned off using the mobile app.
- Turn sensor activity monitoring on/offSensor Activity Monitoring allows users to view the current status of the system's sensors.
- View all system sensorsA list of the all the system's sensors can be viewed from the Customer Website.
- View current sensor activitySensors with Sensor Activity Monitoring enabled can have a variety of statuses.
- Visual Verification device selection
How-to troubleshooting guides
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 is disarming by itself
- Sensor is showing incorrect status on the website or app
- Smoke Sensor Not ResetThe Smoke Sensor Not Reset trouble condition indicates a system smoke sensor was activated, but the condition has not yet cleared from the servers.
- Z-Wave Troubleshooting Wizard
Frequently asked questions
- How can I change the batteries in my device?
- How can I view legal agreements and documents?
- How can multiple account systems be linked?
- How do I change my time zone?
- How do I control multiple partitions of a security panel?
- How do I make sure my account is secure?
- How do I switch between my accounts?
- How many sensors can be displayed in the app?
- Is the Alarm.com app compatible with text to speech applications?
- What does Radio Not Responding mean for broadband hubs?
- What happens when my system reports an alarm?
- What is the Emergency Message on the app?
- What security measures does Alarm.com use?
- Why are some sensors, such as smoke detectors, not eligible for Sensor Activity Monitoring?
- Getting started with a Residential accountThis video walks through some of the basic features associated with an Alarm.com Residential account.