Device is in malfunction
The Malfunction trouble condition indicates a device is unable to properly communicate.
If a device is in malfunction:
- Verify which device is in malfunction.
- It is possible that the device in malfunction may be a Geo-Device. This is usually indicated by the name of the device that is in malfunction matching the name of a device that is serving as a Geo-Device. If the device appears to be a Geo-Device (e.g., smartphone), see Geo-Service device is in malfunction.
- Verify that the device is still active and powered on.
- Power cycle the device, if possible. If applicable, power off the device for a couple of minutes, and then power the device back on.
- Verify there is nothing that could be interfering with communication, such as range or interfering devices. If possible, move the device closer to the main system.
- Trigger the device, if possible (e.g., open and close a sensor). Verify if the status is able to update.
- If the device is still in malfunction, contact your service provider for further assistance.