If a panel is reporting the correct sensor status but the Alarm.com app and Alarm.com customer website are not, try the following steps.
Verify sensor status
Trip the sensor, and verify the status is reporting properly at the panel.
Note: Allow a few minutes for the status to display on Alarm.com.
Refresh the equipment list page
- To refresh the Alarm.com app, swipe down on the screen. A refreshing icon will become visible and will spin before refreshing the Alarm.com app.
- To refresh the Alarm.com customer website, click on any page on the Alarm.com customer website.
Disable/enable Sensor Activity Monitoring
If the preceding steps have not corrected the status, refresh Sensor Activity Monitoring.
To refresh Sensor Activity Monitoring:
- Disable Sensor Activity Monitoring on the sensor. For instructions on enabling or disabling Sensor Activity Monitoring, see Turn sensor activity monitoring on/off.
- It may take a few minutes for Sensor Activity Monitoring to disable. Refresh the Equipment List page to verify that Sensor Activity Monitoring is disabled.
- Once disabled, re-enable Sensor Activity Monitoring again.
- After a few minutes, refresh the equipment list page to verify that Sensor Activity monitoring is re-enabled.
- Once enabled, verify the sensor is reporting the correct status.
- Trip the sensor again to test that it is properly reporting its status.
Contact your service provider
For additional troubleshooting steps or information about sensor statuses, contact your service provider.