- Add a mobile phone number to receive SMS notificationsMobile phone numbers can be added to a user's contact information so that they can receive SMS notifications.
- Add the Alarm.com widget for AndroidAndroid widgets are shortcuts to actions on apps that can be triggered at the touch of a button.
- Add the Alarm.com widget to the Today View in iOSiOS widgets are shortcuts to actions on apps that can be triggered at the touch of a button.
- Best practices when changing phonesWhen switching to a different phone for any reason, there are a few things to be aware of to ensure minimal disruption of your service. The following are suggestions for information and features that should be verified when the swapping to a different phone.
- Change a login nameLogin names can be changed on the website and app.
- Change a phone numberThe primary phone number associated with the property location can be changed on the website.
- Change an email addressKeeping email addresses updated helps keep the system secure.
- Change language preferenceUser language preferences change the language of the website and the user's notifications.
- Change or reset a passwordUpdating user passwords for website and app users helps keep the system secure.
- Change security questionsUpdating security questions and their answers helps keep the system secure.
- Configure Shortcuts on Android for use with the appAfter configuring Shortcuts on Android, users can make up to four shortcut commands appear by long-pressing on the mobile app icon.
- Contact your service providerIf you are unable to find an answer to your question in the Knowledge Base, you can contact your service provider for further assistance.
- Create a new loginIndividual logins for each website and app user can be created from the website.
- Delete a loginDeleting unused website and app logins helps keep the system secure.
- Log all devices out of the website and appUsers who have lost their phone, or need to disable a login, can log out all devices so others can no longer access the app, including those who use the Keep me logged in feature without re-entering the password.
- Enable Two Factor AuthenticationTwo Factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security to protect access to your system.
- Export panel slot numbers for a single locationThe panel slot numbers report shows all users and user codes associated with the system at a single location.
- Launch the app or website tourIf you would you like to learn more about how to navigate the website or app, you can launch the interactive tour.
- Manage login permissions for secondary loginsLogin permissions for new or existing secondary accounts can be managed using the website.
- Rearrange Home page of website or appCards displayed on the Customer Website and app, such as Panel, Sensors, and Recent Activity, can be rearranged based on your preferences.
- Set up Siri custom voice shortcutsTake home automation to the next level using Alarm.com custom voice shortcuts for Siri.
- Transfer app settings from a previously connected device to a new deviceApp Settings Migration allows end users who have either switched phones or deleted and re-downloaded the mobile app to avoid creating multiple instances of the same device under the User - Push Devices as well as the Geo-Services Device list on the website.
How-to troubleshooting guides
Frequently asked questions
- What are the login name and password requirements?There are various requirements when changing a login name or password.