Configure Shortcuts on Android for use with the app
After configuring Shortcuts on Android, users can make up to four shortcut commands appear by long-pressing on the Alarm.com app icon. By tapping one of these shortcuts, users can send one of the following commands to their system without launching the Alarm.com app:
|Arm Away||Sends an Arm Away command with configured arming options to the specified partition|
|Arm Stay||Sends an Arm Stay command with configured arming options to the specified partition|
|Disarm||Sends a Disarm command to the specified partition|
|Lock or Unlock Lock||Sends a Lock/Unlock command to the specified Lock|
|Open or Close Garage Door||Sends an Open/Close command to the specified Garage Door|
|View Camera||Opens the app and begins streaming a live feed of the specified Camera|
|View Thermostats||Opens the app to the specified Thermostat page|
|View Lights||Opens the app to the user’s Lights page|
Important: Launcher Shortcuts do not override the customer's security settings. Passcode or ID Touch must be entered in order to proceed to the screen.
In order to use the Shortcuts feature, the following requirements must be met:
- An Android device running Android 7.1 or later
- A Mobile app version 4.1.1 or later
- Keep me logged in checked on the sign-in screen
To configure Shortcuts on Android:
- Log into the Alarm.com app on an Android device.
- Tap .
- Tap App Settings.
- Tap Shortcuts.
- Tap .
- Tap or to add or remove a shortcut from the list.
Note: Available Shortcuts are based on which devices are included on your account.
- Tap through any additional menus.
- Tap Done.
- To use, long-press the mobile app icon. After doing so, you can tap and drag the two horizontal bars on the shortcut to create an individual icon on their home screen for just that single shortcut.