When resetting your password, a temporary password will be emailed to the email address associated with the login.
For more information about how to reset your password, see Change or reset a password.
If the password reset email cannot be found after resetting the password:
- Verify the correct login name is being used.
- To do this, request the login name by entering the associated email address on the Login Help, then checking the Login Name recovery email.
- Verify the correct email address is being used.
- If your email address needs to be updated, contact your service provider.
- Verify the email was not placed into a folder other than the inbox (e.g., spam, junk, promotions, receipts, etc.).
- Perform a search in the spam/junk folder (as these results do not populate during inbox searches) for words like password, reset, or email@example.com (or service provider's custom from address).
- Verify the email was not placed into another folder using a filter or rule.
- Rules and filters may not be able to be viewed or managed using a mobile device. To avoid this issue, access the email account using a computer.
- Verify the blocked sender list does not include the Alarm.com domain.
- Verify the inbox is not full, and other emails can be received.
- If the email account is a private email address (i.e., not public like Gmail or Yahoo), verify there is no firewall or email filtering.
- For more information, contact the email host's IT professional. Additional tests can be conducted by changing the email address to a more popular email service like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc., then requesting the password reset again.
- Contact the email provider for more troubleshooting steps regarding missing emails.