Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Connect a Google Nest Thermostat to your account
- Change SmartAway thermostat schedule settingsA SmartAway thermostat schedule can change a thermostat's scheduled setpoint based on system activity.
- Change the name of a thermostatNaming thermostats can help manage systems with multiple thermostats.
- Change the thermostat modeThe thermostat mode can be changed remotely so you can set your thermostat to heat, cool, or off from anywhere.
- Change the thermostat setpointThe thermostat setpoint can be managed remotely so you can control the temperature on the go.
- Change thermostat cool setpoint control settingsThe thermostat cool setpoint control settings determine the maximum and the minimum selectable temperatures on the thermostat for the Cool mode.
- Change thermostat heat setpoint control settingsThe thermostat cool setpoint control settings determine the maximum and the minimum selectable temperatures on the thermostat for the Heat mode.
- Change thermostat overshoot settingsThermostat overshoot determines the number of degrees the thermostat will keep the system on above (during heating) or below (during cooling) the target setpoint.
- Change thermostat temperature swing settingsThe thermostat temperature swing is the number of degrees above (for cooling) and below (for heating) the target setpoint the HVAC system will allow the temperature to fluctuate before cycling back on.
- Create/edit a thermostat Fan ScheduleThermostat Fan Schedules are used to automatically control the HVAC fan in your home or business to help save on energy costs while you are away and keep you comfortable while you are home or asleep. Thermostat Fan Schedules can be edited from the website.
- Create/edit a thermostat temperature alert notificationA Thermostat Temperature Alert notification can notify users if a thermostat reports a temperature above or below a specified temperature.
- Create/edit an Extreme Temperature Energy Savings ruleAn Extreme Temperature Energy Savings rule can adjust the setpoint if an extreme temperature is reported.
- Create/edit a sensor left open thermostat energy saver ruleA Sensor Left Open Energy Saver rule can adjust a thermostat's setpoint or mode if a door, window or other sensor is left open for a specified duration.
- Create/edit a thermostat change alert notificationA Thermostat Change Alert notification can notify users if the setpoint or mode is changed.
- Edit a Thermostat ScheduleThermostat Schedules are used to automatically control the temperature in your home or business to help save on energy costs while you are away and keep you comfortable while you are home or asleep. Thermostat Schedules can be edited from the app and website.
- Enable/disable a thermostat Fire Safety ruleTo prevent the circulation of smoke and poisonous gas and potential HVAC system damage, a Thermostat Fire Safety rule automatically turns off the HVAC system if a fire or carbon monoxide alarm is reported.
- Enable/disable Thermostat LockThe Thermostat Lock feature provides the ability to lock all physical control of the thermostat. When Thermostat Lock is enabled, thermostat settings can only be changed from a computer or mobile device. A partial Thermostat Lock will allow setpoint changes to be made from the thermostat, but will prevent mode changes.
- Migrate a Works with Nest account to a Google accountIn March 2020, all Nest users still using a Works with Nest account will receive a communication from Google advising them to migrate their Works with Nest account to a Google account.
- Operate the Alarm.com Smart ThermostatThe Alarm.com Smart Thermostat (ADC-T3000 and ADC-T2000) can be operated locally in addition to the remote control features on the website and app.
- Smart Humidity Control and Display User GuideUsers with an eligible Smart Thermostat (ADC-T3000 or ADC-T2000) can view and control the humidity level in their home or business using the website or app.
- Turn a Thermostat Schedule on/offOnce configured, Thermostat Schedules can be turned on or off from the app and website.
- Use a Remote Temperature Sensor for temperature controlUse Remote Temperature Sensors to maintain more precise temperature control throughout the home.
- View Thermostat Activity PatternsThermostat Activity Patterns show when the system location is likely occupied or vacant. This information is based on system sensor activity and is used to help you configure more efficient Thermostat Schedules.
How-to troubleshooting guides
- Thermostat is in malfunction
Frequently asked questions
- Change the temperature display on the Smart Thermostat to Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Does Alarm.com automatically turn off the HVAC system during a fire or carbon monoxide alarm?
- How can I control the fan remotely?
- What is Give Back, Get Back?
- Will I be notified when energy-saving events in the Give Back, Get Back program are active?