A Sensor Left Open Energy Saver rule can adjust a thermostat's setpoint or mode if a door, window, or other sensor is left open for a specified duration.
To create a sensor left open energy saver rule using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- Find the Sensor Left Open Energy Saver rule, and click Configure.
- In When any of these sensors, click to select which sensors the rule is applied to.
Note: There is a limit of 32 sensors per Sensor Left Open Energy Saver rule.
- In Is Left Open for this duration, use the dropdown menus and click to select the thermostat actions for the rule.
- If applicable and desired, click to select Apply to all thermostats to apply the rule to all thermostats on the system.
- To add notification recipients:
- Click Add.
- Click to select the desired recipients from the Address Book, or add an unlisted recipient by clicking New.
- Click Close to add selected recipients.
- Verify the notification is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.