Create/edit an Extreme Temperature Energy Savings rule
An Extreme Temperature Energy Savings rule can adjust the temperature setpoints when an extreme temperature is reported. This helps save energy by automatically adjusting the Target Temp of the thermostat when it is extremely hot or cold outside.
Note: Extreme temperature is based on the weather forecast of the next day.
To create an Extreme Temperature Energy Savings rule using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- For the Extreme Temperature Energy Saver rule, click Configure.
- If there are multiple thermostats or temperature sensors, use the dropdown menu to select the desired device.
- Click the toggle switch to enable or disable the rule.
- In Settings, click to select the temperature thresholds and use the dropdown menus to specify how the thermostats should respond to an extreme temperature event.
- In Recipients, click Add to add notification recipients.
- Click to select the desired recipients from the Address Book, or add an unlisted recipient by clicking New.
- Click Close.
- Verify the notification is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.