The Malfunction trouble condition indicates a device is unable to properly communicate.
Note: The garage door opener status may also appear as offline.
If a garage door opener is in malfunction or offline:
- Open and close the door from the garage door opener's wall control.
- Request an update on the equipment status using the Alarm.com app or Alarm.com customer website.
- To update the equipment status on the Alarm.com app, tap on the Garage Door status in the Garage Doors card, then tap Reconnect.
- To update the equipment status on the Alarm.com customer website click on the garage card, then click .
- Verify the garage door opener is within communication range of the router or panel.
- If using a Wi-Fi (e.g., LiftMaster, Genie, Overhead Door) garage door opener, verify the internet connection it is associated with is active.
- If using a Z-Wave garage door opener, verify the device is within range of the Z-Wave network.
- Verify the garage door or wall controller has power.
- If it is still in malfunction or offline, contact your service provider.