The Malfunction trouble condition indicates a device is unable to properly communicate with the panel. This can occur for a few different reasons, and many of them can be addressed with the following troubleshooting steps.
Many different types of devices can be categorized as lights in the Alarm.com interface, including appliance modules, smart light bulbs, and in-wall outlets.
Note: The light status may also appear as offline.
If a Z-Wave light device is in malfunction or offline:
- Verify the device is plugged in and powered on.
- Verify the device is within range of the Z-Wave network. Try moving the light device closer to the panel, if possible.
- Power off the device, if possible. Wait a couple of minutes, and then power the device back on.
- Trigger the light device by turning it on and off manually.
- If the device is still in malfunction or offline, contact your service provider.