The Malfunction trouble condition indicates a device is unable to properly communicate with the panel. This can occur for a few different reasons, and many of them can be addressed with the following troubleshooting steps.
If a Z-Wave light device is in malfunction:
- Verify the device is powered on.
- Verify the device is within range of the Z-Wave network. Try moving the light device closer to the panel, if possible.
- Power off the device, if possible. Wait a couple of minutes, and then power the device back on.
- Trigger the light device by turning it on and off manually.
- If the device is still in malfunction, contact your service provider.