Reformat an SD card installed in a video device
An Onboard Recording SD card can be reformatted using the Alarm.com customer website.
Important: The SD card must be inserted into an active camera on the account for the reformatting option to be available.
For more information about Onboard Recording, see Create an Onboard Recording schedule.
To reformat an SD card:
Caution: Reformatting the SD card permanently removes all existing stored footage. If any footage needs to be saved, download it prior to reformatting the SD card. For more information about downloading footage, see Download saved video from Onboard Recording.
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the desired device.
- Click SD Card Information.
- In Reformat Card click View.
- Click Reformat.
- Click Reformat to begin reformatting.