Video devices have the capability to have fixed IP addresses for advanced networking applications.
To use a fixed IP address for a video device:
Important: These settings should only be adjusted by a networking expert who is familiar with the network.
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Use the Video Device dropdown menu to select the desired video device.
- Click Video Device Info.
- Click Advanced Network Setup and Testing.
- Click to select Use Fixed IP Address (For networking experts only).
- In IP Address, enter the video device's IP address.
- In Subnet Mask, enter the network's subnet mask.
- In Gateway Router, enter the default gateway.
- In HTTPS Port, enter the video device's HTTPS port.
- In Primary DNS, enter the primary DNS.
- In Secondary DNS, enter the secondary DNS.
- Click Save.