Important: If you do not see the options outlined on this page, you may not have the required permissions to complete this action.
For more information about login permissions, see Manage login permissions for secondary logins.
Existing system user codes can be updated using the Alarm.com app or Alarm.com customer website.
Changing a user code sends a user code notification change to the primary email on the account. For more information about the user code change notification, see User code change notification.
For information on how to change a duress code, see Add or change a duress code remotely.
Important: User codes cannot be edited while the security system is armed. Verify the security system is disarmed before attempting to edit a user code remotely.
To change a system user code using the Alarm.com app:
- Log into the Alarm.com app.
- Tap .
- Tap Users.
- Tap to select the user to update.
- Tap the access code field.
- In Access Code, enter the new user code.
- Tap Save.
To change a system user code using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Users.
- Click on the desired user.
- Click to edit user information.
- Click the access code field.
- In Access Code, enter the desired user code.
- A new access code can also be generated by clicking Generate Code.
- Click to select which devices and features the user will have access to.
- Click Save to send the changes to the system.