You can receive notifications when the Alarm.com Wireless Video Doorbell (ADC-VDB780B)'s internal temperature nears the bounds of the operational temperature range.
Users will receive a low-temperature notification when the internal temperature of the ADC-VDB780B drops below 3°F (-16°C), and a high-temperature notification when the temperature exceeds 131°F (55°C).
If the ADC-VDB780B's internal temperature exceeds the minimum or maximum temperature, the device will automatically turn off to prevent damage to the device. The doorbell will automatically turn back on after the doorbell's internal temperature is within the operational temperature range.
Note: This notification is enabled by default.
Cold weather performance
Low temperatures are known to reduce the capacity of lithium-ion batteries, so users in colder climates may experience shorter battery cycles. If there is a quick drop in ambient temperature the battery will deplete faster, and the doorbell may not accurately reflect the remaining capacity. In sustained colder climates it is recommended to recharge the doorbell more frequently.
For information about LED behavior during high and low temperatures, see Charge the ADC-VDB780B battery.
Note: In the case of a low-temperature cutoff, it will take time for the ADC-VDB780B's internal temperature to reach the functioning supported temperature.
Create/edit temperature notifications
Low-temperature notifications can be created and configured using the Alarm.com customer website and Alarm.com app.
To create/edit temperature notifications using the Alarm.com app:
- Log into the Alarm.com app.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap .
- Tap , or tap an existing notification to edit.
- Tap Temperature Alert (Video).
- Entered the desired name for the notification.
- Select the ADC-VDB780B.
- In Recipients, tap Add to select which contacts receive the notification.
- In the Address Book, tap to select the recipients to notify, or tap Add Contact to add a new Address Book recipient.
- Tap Close.
- Verify the notification is configured with the correct settings.
- Tap Save.
To create/edit temperature notifications using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Notifications.
- Click New Notification, or click to edit an existing notification.
- Click Temperature Alert (Video).
- Enter the desired name for the notification.
- Select the ADC-VDB770B.
- In Recipients, click Add to select which contacts receive the notification.
- In the Address Book, click to select the recipients to notify, or click New Contact to add a new Address Book recipient.
- Click Close.
- Click Save.