Change a camera's live video image quality
Live video image quality can be optimized for motion and clarity. Increasing the video image quality improves the fine details in the picture — decreasing the video image quality reduces the amount of bandwidth the video device needs. For more information about video device bandwidth requirements, see How much network bandwidth do Alarm.com video devices use?.
If you want to change the video resolution and quality of a SkyBell Doorbell Camera, see Change a SkyBell Doorbell Camera's video resolution and quality. The process is somewhat different.
Note: Live video image quality cannot be adjusted for the SkyBell Doorbell Camera and the '25, '26, and '36 series video devices.
To change a camera's live video image quality
To change a camera's live video image quality using the Alarm.com app:
- Log into the Alarm.com app.
- Tap Video.
- Tap .
- Tap Live Video Camera Resolution.
Important: Only some video devices' settings can be changed using the Alarm.com app. If the resolution options are not available for the camera, use the Alarm.com customer website to change them.
- Tap the camera to be adjusted.
- Tap Auto, Low, Medium, or High. The setting will save automatically.
To change a camera's live video image quality using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the desired video device.
- Click Live Video.
- In Image Quality, click to select the desired image quality.
Note: The available can options vary slightly between video devices. Some video devices allow for different quality settings for the Alarm.com customer website and the Alarm.com app at the same time.
- In Live Video Connection, click to select Speed up remote connection initiation if desired. When Speed up remote connection initiation is enabled, the video loads faster while you are far away from the camera's location.
- Click Save.