The motion sensitivity of the SkyBell Doorbell Cameras can be adjusted to be more or less sensitive to motion using the Alarm.com app or Alarm.com customer website. The motion sensitivity affects what clips the SkyBell Doorbell Camera records based on motion. For more information about the available recording rules, see Create/edit a Doorbell Motion recording rule and Create/edit a Doorbell Call recording rule.
To change the sensitivity setting using the Alarm.com app:
- Log into the Alarm.com app.
- Tap Doorbell Camera.
- Tap .
- Tap to select the desired doorbell camera.
- Use the Motion Sensitivity slider to adjust to the desired sensitivity.
- Tap .
To change the sensitivity setting using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- On the Video banner, click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the desired SkyBell Doorbell Camera.
- Click Video Device Info.
- Use the Sensitivity to Motion slider to adjust to the desired sensitivity.
- Click Save.
How air temperature affects motion detection
Due to the nature of infrared motion sensors, it is common to see a change in sensitivity in triggered clips during different parts of the year. This variability is due to the difference in temperature between the person/vehicle being detected and the ambient air.
- During warm months, clips tend to trigger less often.
- During cold months, clips tend to trigger more often.
To counteract these changes, increase or decrease the doorbell camera's motion sensitivity as needed. Another option for a device that records too many clips is to angle it away from high-traffic areas.