You can talk to individuals at their door using the Alarm.com app or a compatible panel. Additionally, you can control select devices from the live video call screen.
Note: To use the microphone with a doorbell camera, the mobile device must have the microphone permission enabled.
For doorbell cameras with up-to-date firmware, two users can view the doorbell video call screen at a time.
You can view live video from a doorbell camera using the following devices and platforms:
- To view using the Alarm.com app, you must be using an Apple or Android mobile device (e.g., smartphone or tablet). To use the microphone with the doorbell camera, the mobile device must have the microphone permission enabled.
- To view using a panel, it must be one of the following compatible panels with the required settings:
- 2GIG EDGE
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2
- Qolsys IQ Hub
- Qolsys IQ Panel 4
To start a video call:
- Log into the Alarm.com app.
- Tap Doorbell Camera.
- Tap Start Video.
- Use the controls to talk, listen, send commands to devices, and end the call.
To control devices while on a video call:
- While on a video doorbell call, tap Actions.
- On the desired device category, tap . The following types of devices can be controlled from the video call screen:
- Security system: Arm away, arm stay, and disarm
- Locks: Lock and unlock
- Access control doors: Lock, unlock, and buzz open
- Garage doors: Open and close
- Lights: Turn on and off
- Tap to select the desired device.
- Tap the desired action.