Create an event-triggered garage door or gate automation rule
Event-Triggered Garage Door and Gate rules allow you to automate a garage door or gate to open or close based on the status of the security system.
To create an event-triggered garage door or gate automation rule using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Click Event-triggered Rule.
- In the Name of rule field, enter the name of the new rule.
- In Automate My, click to select Garage Door or Gate.
- In When this event occurs, click to select the action that triggers the Garage Door or Gate rule, then use the dropdown menu to specify the conditions of the action.
- In Select Devices, click to select the garage doors or gates that follow the rule.
- In During this time frame, click to select when you would like the rule to be active.
- At All Times means the rule is carried out any time of day.
- Only during the following times allows you to choose specific days and times that selected devices are automated by the rule.
- Verify the rule is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.