A fire-triggered unlocking rule helps you safely exit your home in an emergency and gives first responders immediate access to the property. If you have smoke/CO sensors and at least one lock enabled on your account, this rule can automatically unlock a single door (e.g., the front or back door) when smoke or CO is detected or when the fire panic button on the security panel is pressed.
Important: This rule needs to be created and enabled manually on the Alarm.com customer website before it can begin to take effect.
Fire-triggered unlocking rules are compatible with most supported security panels and Z-Wave locks. For information about device compatibility, contact your service provider.
Important: If there is a manual auto-relock switch on the physical lock, verify it is switched to the off position.
To create a fire-triggered lock automation rule using the Alarm.com customer website:
Important: This rule can only be created for a single lock.
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Click Event-triggered Rule.
- In the Name of rule field, enter the desired name.
- In When this event occurs, click to select Alarm.
- Using the Alarm dropdown menu, select either Smoke Detector or Any Fire, Smoke, CO Emergency.
- In While system is, click to select Disarmed, Armed Stay, and Armed Away.
- In Select Devices, click to select the sole lock that will follow the rule.
- In During this time frame, choose one of the following options:
- Click to select At All Times for the rule will be carried out any time of day.
- Click to select Only during the following times to determine the specific days and times the rule will be carried out.
- In Day(s), click to select the days the rule will be active.
- Using the Starting at dropdown menu, select the start time for this rule.
- Using the Ending at dropdown menu, select the end time for this rule.
- Verify the rule is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.