A system with Z-Wave lights has access to several monitoring and automation options.
Features available with Z-Wave Lights include:
- Send commands to turn lights on/off and set dimming level using the Alarm.com app and Alarm.com customer website.
Note: The dimming feature requires a Z-Wave appliance module or Z-Wave switch capable of dimming.
- Commands can also be sent using Amazon Alexa. For more information, see:
- Create automated light schedules to have specific lights turn on and/or off at certain times, including sunrise and sunset, for specified lengths of time.
- For more information about setting up these rules, see Create/edit a light automation schedule.
- Create event-triggered light rules based on system activity (i.e., arming/disarming, sensor activity, Geo-Fences, etc.).
- For more information about setting up these rules, see Create/edit an event triggered light automation rule.
Note: All of these features can also be used to turn on/off other devices that are plugged into a Z-Wave appliance module or Z-Wave-enabled power outlet.