Alarm.com supports device authentication for Amazon Alexa.
Note: Authenticating Two Factor with Alexa does not authenticate individual devices but authenticates the Amazon account to use Alarm.com.
To authenticate Amazon as a trusted account:
- Enable the Alarm.com Skill. For more information, see Connect Amazon Alexa with Alarm.com.
- Start talking to Alarm.com on the Amazon Echo device. Say "Alexa, talk to Alarm.com".
- Alexa will respond with "This device has not been authenticated." A text message or email with a six-digit code to authenticate the Amazon Alexa device will be sent.
- To authenticate the device say, "Alexa, tell Alarm.com to authenticate with <code from the text message or email>".
- If the code was not heard correctly by Alexa, try again. For best results, say each digit individually.
- If Alexa is unable to understand the code, it is possible to retrieve a new code by starting the process over or saying, "Alexa, tell Alarm.com I need another code."
- The Amazon account has now been authenticated to use Alarm.com.