Important: The order of a scene's actions cannot be rearranged and a scene cannot be placed on a schedule or have a rule created that activates it. As a scene is essentially an on-demand rule, the only way to activate a scene is to press the button corresponding to the scene.
Scenes allow users to configure a button on the Alarm.com app and Alarm.com customer website that takes multiple actions across multiple devices at once. Scenes can be configured and executed using the Alarm.com app and Alarm.com customer website and are available for both commercial and residential interactive service packages.
There are default scenes automatically created for interactive accounts. Default scenes cannot be deleted or renamed. Users also have the ability to create custom scenes. For more information about adding or editing scenes, see Create/edit a Scene.
Devices that can be controlled by scenes are:
- Security systems (arming)
- Garage doors
- Access Control doors
- Z-Wave lights
- Lutron lights and shades
- Water valves
- Sonos speakers
- Legrand speakers
Default scenes for residential accounts:
- Wake Up
Default scenes for commercial accounts:
Rearrange the order of scenes
The order of the scenes will appear the same on the Alarm.com app and Alarm.com customer website for the user's login that rearranged the scenes. Each user login can have its own arrangement for the scenes.
To rearrange the order of scenes using the Alarm.com app:
- Log into the Alarm.com app.
- Tap Scenes.
- Tap .
- Tap and drag on the scene to rearrange.
- Once all desired changes are made, tap Done.
To rearrange the order of scenes using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Automation.
- Click Scenes.
- Click Reorder.
- Click and drag on the scene to rearrange.
- Once all desired changes are made, click Save.
Frequently asked questions
What arming conditions are available with Scenes?
Accounts using a panel will have various conditions available based on the arming status (i.e., Armed (Stay) and Armed (Away)).
- No Entry Delay - Once armed, the no entry delay option forces the system to bypass the entry delay that normally occurs when an entry/exit zone is violated.
- Force Bypass - Sensors that are open or active when a Scene is sent will automatically be bypassed. Scenes can be used to bypass all sensors, but individual sensors cannot be selected to be bypassed.
Note: Bypassing individual sensors is only available with certain panel types. For more information, contact your your service provider.
- Night Arming - If a Scene with an Arm (Stay) command takes place after midnight and an arming schedule is set to disarm the system (e.g., Arm Away system at 10 PM and disarm at 7 AM), the second arming command will take place on the following day.