The Alarm.com Flex IO™ sensor only supports the Sensor Open or Closed video rule to trigger a video camera recording when the sensor is opened.
To create a sensor opened/closed recording rule using the Alarm.com customer website:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer website.
- Click Video.
- Click Recording Rules.
- Click + Add New Rule.
- Click Sensor Opened/Closed.
- Name the new recording rule.
- Using the When...is dropdown menus, select which Cellular Sensor and status should trigger a clip recording.
- In During this time frame, select the time frame for the rule to be active.
- In Record clips from these cameras, click to select the cameras that should record.
- In Video Clip Recipients, click + Add Recipients to be notified when the recording rule is triggered.
- Click the entries in the Address Book that are to be notified, or click + New to add a new Address Book entry.
- Once all desired recipients are selected, click Close.
- Verify the recording rule is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save Rule.