There are three ways to interact with your garage doors: by name, group, or general device type.
Important: Commands to Google Home must start by saying, "Ok Google, ask Alarm.com…" or "Hey Google, ask Alarm.com…".
- To interact by name, use the exact name in the command.
- To interact with a group of devices with similar names, use a common word in the garage door names.
Example: If there is a garage door named Entrance left and Entrance right, you could close both by saying, "Close the entrance garage doors." For more information on group interactions, see Google Home is interacting with multiple devices instead of the one desired device.
- To interact with groups of garage doors by the general device type (e.g., gate or garage door), use the type of device in the command.
Example: Garage doors could be interacted with by saying, "Close the garage doors," or "Are my garage doors closed?" For more information on group interactions, see Google Home is interacting with multiple devices instead of the one desired device.
The list of example commands is a small subset of the possible things you can say to your garage doors through Google Home.
Important: The following example commands are for a garage door with the name Entrance.
To close the garage door:
- "Shut the entrance."
- "Shut my entrance."
- "Close the garage doors."
To ask a status question:
- "Is the entrance open?"
- "Check if the garage door is shut."
- "Are my garage doors open?"