Sonos smart speakers can be added to an Alarm.com ecosystem to include audio automation as part of a smart home or business experience. Using the Alarm.com app, users can control playback on their Sonos speakers, whenever or wherever they are.
Note: Some music streaming services (e.g., Spotify) require premium memberships to use with Sonos. For more information about which services require a premium membership, refer to the Sonos manufacturer.
- iOS device with firmware version 8.0+
- Android device with firmware version 2.1+
- Alarm.com mobile app version 4.10.4+
- Current versions of the Sonos mobile app and speaker software
- Audio Integration service package add-on
- Play audio (e.g., music, playlists) from a list of Favorites*
- Control audio playback (i.e., play/pause, adjust volume, mute/un-mute)
- Play audio on all speakers or speaker groups* (e.g., Dining Room)
*Note: Launch the Sonos app directly from the Alarm.com app for additional controls including audio source selection (e.g., stereo, Spotify, iTunes, etc.), speaker group management, and adding playlists and radio stations to your Favorites for playback in the Alarm.com Alarm.com app.
It is also possible to incorporate audio into Scenes to combine music, temperature control, and lighting to create the perfect ambiance. For more information about Scenes, see Scenes.
To integrate Sonos with Alarm.com:
Note: Alarm.com customer accounts only support one Sonos household at a time. For information about hardware installation, contact Sonos.
- Log into the Alarm.com app.
- Tap Audio.
- Using the dropdown menu, select Sonos, then tap Start.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter the Sonos account information, then tap Sign In.
Note: The required credentials are for the Sonos account and not the Alarm.com Alarm.com app.
- Tap Okay.
- Proceed through the rest of the wizard.
- Audio can now be played in the Audio card on the home screen.
Note: For additional controls including audio source selection (e.g., stereo, Spotify, iTunes, etc.), speaker group management, and adding playlists and radio stations to your Favorites for playback in the Alarm.com app, launch the Sonos app directly from the Alarm.com app.